Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Bubbles in Deep Water

The ship sank
In cold deep waters
On a calm sea

You survived easily
You had it all planned out
Your lifeboat was ready
Fully equipped and warm
Its course already set
To take you to the shore
To your safety
To your comfort zone
To your peace of mind
To your luxury

I had no chance
In this unequal relationship
As my body and soul drowned
Cold and disconnected
Helpless

And on the cold
Dark seabed
As the sea monsters
And sharks
That are thoughts
And memories
Threaten and torture me
Giving me no peace
My attempts to resurface
Seem meaningless and futile

But I am not alone
There are lots of drowned people
Down here
Floating in their own lonely bubbles
Waiting, hoping
To be rescued soon


A Magnetto Influence Poem

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home