Friday, August 13, 2010

The Swede

I was sharing a room
With him in Earls Court

I never seen
Him for the first few days
But I knew he was there
Because of his suitcase
And the different kinds of liquorice
That were left on the table

When I fist met him
He was smartly dressed
In expensive black clothes
He had good taste
And spoke good English

When I asked
What he did
For a living
He told me he travelled the world
Visiting churches
and playing their organs -
I reckoned
He had had a brilliant careers advisor

I could tell he was a homosexual
But I liked him for his individuality
For not following
The rest of the herd

On shaking his hand
Before he got on a train to Greece
I felt I had met
Someone special
Someone clever enough
To show the world
How wrong
It had got it

A Magnetto Influence Poem

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home