Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday Night In a Small Town

Half-past seven
In the middle of July
I looked out the window -
Cars were pulling in
Doors were opening
But everything just seemed
Dead

I was on the edge
There had to be more
Than this
Had to be

I picked up a guitar
Played a few chords -
Didn't feel right

I picked up a book
Read a few pages -
Didn't feel right

Should I phone a girl?
Should I phone a friend?
That didn't feel right either

Nothing felt right
All outlets
Were unavailable

I switched on the TV
There was a documentary
About how
Arctic foxes survived....

There I was
19 years old
More energy than an atomic bomb
More testosterone than a stud horse
More life in me than Brazil
And I had a fucking
Arctic fox
To keep me going....

A Magnetto Influence Poem

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home